The Bass Stand & Stool
Most damage to upright basses occurs while the bass is on the ground in a pit orchestra or dark stage.
Protect your bass!
Order Your Bass Stand: $180 each.
This item does not qualify for free shipping.
- 1" thick foam seat: very comfortable.
- Rubber-coated edges protect your bass.
- Optional $28 basic gig bag with shoulder straps.
- Made from strong, exterior grade, formaldehyde free, medium density fiberboard.
- Interlocking design for maximum rigidity and strength.
- Did we mention strong? See a picture of our 500 pound stress test!
- Easy to assemble and disassemble. View the video at left and/or scroll to view photographs and print a copy of the assembly instructions.
- Please note: the first few assemblies will be more difficult than usual, see the assembly instructions for more information.
- Helps prevent player-fatigue and minimize injuries from improper technique. Our unique design allows the feet to comfortably rest on the bass of the stool (see lower-left picture), resulting in a more natural and proper Bass playing position than with any other Bass stool.
- Enables even young children to comfortably play the bass.
- Height from the floor to top of the Bass Stand seat: 291/4" (74.5 cm).
- Clearance from floor to the bottom of the bass rib is 61/2" (16.5 cm). This is the maximum clearance for the endpin when the bass on the stand.
- Weight is 19 lbs. (8.6 kg).
- Music Schools: the cost of 4 Bass Stands is less than a standard four-up Bass rack. These stand/stools can be purchased through the general school furniture budget rather than through your orchestra budget.
- Made in the U.S.A.