- Why You Should Check Your Bridge Every So Often!
Why You Should Check Your Bridge Every So Often!
One of the most important aspects of an instrument’s setup is proper placement of the bridge. Because it is held in place entirely by string tension, the bridge is prone to move from time to time. You might occasionally notice that the bridge seems to be leaning toward the top of the instrument (the fingerboard and scroll): this results over time from tuning the instrument, the tightening strings tugging on the bridge.
Ideally, the bottom of the bridge should be flush with the body of the instrument and appear to lean ever-so-slightly toward the tailpiece. So if your bridge ever appears to need an adjustment, carefully loosen your strings until you are able to move it into its proper position and then re-tighten your strings.
- March K.C. Strings Community Newsletter: Incredible New Video New Feature in Magazine Tips and Local Concerts!
- March K.C. Strings Community Newsletter: What's happening this weekend, local string concerts, tips, videos and more!
- Letting the Strings Sing! Kansas Magazine Spring 2019
- February Community Newsletter: New stories, tips, local concerts and videos.
- January Community Newsletter: Announcing winners, tips, local concerts and new videos.