- Humidify Your Instrument
Humidify Your Instrument
When the winter months arrive, it’s important to make sure your instrument is safe from the damages that may be caused by cold, dry weather. Wood loses its moisture when exposed to dry air, causing it to contract and possibly crack. Avoid costly and elaborate repairs by purchasing an inexpensive in-instrument humidifier, such as a Humitron. Soak the humidifier for 10-20 seconds, drain excess water with a towel, and then slip the humidifier into one of the f-holes. Remove it when playing.
- Important Holiday Updates, Prizes, Hours and Helpful Tips!
- Caring for Your Instrument in Winter
- September Community Newsletter: Update about Sunday Hours and Successful Summer Stories, Photos, & Videos!
- Common ways to address upper back pain before buying a new shoulder rest and chin rest:
- August Community Newsletter: Sunday Hours for Rental Season - Summer Stories!