- How Do I Keep My Instrument Clean?
How Do I Keep My Instrument Clean?
1.) Have a dry or slightly damp cotton cloth. Over time, rosin will build up on the strings and the body of the instrument. Old T-Shirts, Socks, and Wash Cloths are sufficient. This should be routinely done to the instrument and bow.
2.) If this does not do the trick on the body of the instrument, you may try using a small amount of commercial violin polish. This, however, is not recommended, since it is chemical and can tamper with the resonance of the wood over time. It is more advisable, instead, to bring it in for a cleaning at the shop as desired!
- September Community Newsletter: Update about Sunday Hours and Successful Summer Stories, Photos, & Videos!
- Common ways to address upper back pain before buying a new shoulder rest and chin rest:
- August Community Newsletter: Sunday Hours for Rental Season - Summer Stories!
- Purchasing a New Case?
- An Interview with Anton Krutz, Master Luthier - in Bass World, Magazine for the International Society of Bassists