Time to Rehair the Bow?
If you notice visible gaps in your bow hair and/or discoloration near the frog, it’s time for a rehair. Needing a rehair is to be expected and the natural outcome of playing your instrument. Many professional string players rehair the bow every six months, but amateur and beginning players may only require a rehair every twelve to eighteen. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by the instant improvement in sound quality and playability to be gained from a rehair!
- Trash or Treasure: A guide for Used Instruments.
- What Are the Differences between the Violin and Viola?
- Bow Health - Part 3 of 3 - Inspecting Bow Hair Tightening.
- Bow Health - Part 2 of 3 - Inspecting the Bow Grip.
- December Community Newsletter: Christmas is less than two weeks away!... Happy Holidays!...