Choosing a Shoulder Rest
When it comes to selecting a shoulder rest for your violin or viola, there is no single make or model that is universally most comfortable. Popular brands include Kun, Everest, Bonmusica, and Wolf. Thanks to the internet, the modern consumer is able to access countless online reviews which attest to the comfort level of each of these. Nevertheless, there can be no substitute for trying out shoulder rests in person on your own instrument, comparing the feel of one against another. For one player, a Kun rest might feel like heaven; for another, the Everest or Wolf might be preferred.
Rosin 101: A Quick-Guide to Selecting the Perfect Fit for your Instrument There are a few important points to consider when rosin shopping: Light vs. Dark Light rosin is hard and less sticky. Dark rosin is soft and stickier. Light rosin works best in warm, humid weather. Dark rosin works best in colder, drier weather. Violin and viola tend to [...]
- How To Check Your Instrument For Weather Related Damage
- K.C. Strings Community Newsletter February, 2017 Beginning our 25th year! Celebrate with us!
- K.C. Strings January Community Newsletter: Check out our first Musician Profile of 2017!...
- K.C. Strings Community Newsletter November/December 2016
- K.C. Strings October Community Newsletter: Check out what's new, upcoming shows, helpful tips, cool videos, and more!...