How Do I Keep My Instrument Clean?
1.) Have a dry or slightly damp cotton cloth. Over time, rosin will build up on the strings and the body of the instrument. Old T-Shirts, Socks, and Wash Cloths are sufficient. This should be routinely done to the instrument and bow.
2.) If this does not do the trick on the body of the instrument, you may try using a small amount of commercial violin polish. This, however, is not recommended, since it is chemical and can tamper with the resonance of the wood over time. It is more advisable, instead, to bring it in for a cleaning at the shop as desired!
- How To Choose Rosin Series - Part 1
- K.C. Strings Community Newsletter July 2017 - And a special word from K.C. Strings Master Luthier and co-founder!
- K.C. Strings June Community Newsletter: NEW story and NEW 25% off...
- K.C. Strings Summer Music Camp 2017
- K.C. Strings May Community Newsletter: New story about the Krutz family, upcoming events, cool videos, and more!