How Do I Keep My Instrument Clean?
1.) Have a dry or slightly damp cotton cloth. Over time, rosin will build up on the strings and the body of the instrument. Old T-Shirts, Socks, and Wash Cloths are sufficient. This should be routinely done to the instrument and bow.
2.) If this does not do the trick on the body of the instrument, you may try using a small amount of commercial violin polish. This, however, is not recommended, since it is chemical and can tamper with the resonance of the wood over time. It is more advisable, instead, to bring it in for a cleaning at the shop as desired!
- How To Check Your Instrument For Weather Related Damage
- K.C. Strings Community Newsletter February, 2017 Beginning our 25th year! Celebrate with us!
- K.C. Strings January Community Newsletter: Check out our first Musician Profile of 2017!...
- K.C. Strings Community Newsletter November/December 2016
- K.C. Strings October Community Newsletter: Check out what's new, upcoming shows, helpful tips, cool videos, and more!...