Choosing a Shoulder Rest
When it comes to selecting a shoulder rest for your violin or viola, there is no single make or model that is universally most comfortable. Popular brands include Kun, Everest, Bonmusica, and Wolf. Thanks to the internet, the modern consumer is able to access countless online reviews which attest to the comfort level of each of these. Nevertheless, there can be no substitute for trying out shoulder rests in person on your own instrument, comparing the feel of one against another. For one player, a Kun rest might feel like heaven; for another, the Everest or Wolf might be preferred.
- How To Choose Rosin Series - Part 3 - Other Considerations
- How To Choose Rosin Series - Part 2 - Color
- How To Choose Rosin Series - Part 1 - How Rosin Works
- K.C. Strings Community Newsletter July 2017 - And a special word from K.C. Strings Master Luthier and co-founder!
- K.C. Strings June Community Newsletter: NEW story and NEW 25% off...